Qmhandle is a 3rd party application to manage mail queue of Qmail. Though Qmail has it’s own commands but it’s worth using Qmhandle.
1) Download the package in a temporary directory:
# cd /usr/local/src
# wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmhandle/files/qmhandle-1.3/qmhandle-\ 1.3.0/qmhandle-1.3.0.tar.gz/download
2) Unpack it and goto the directory
# tar -zxf qmhandle-1.3.0.tar.gz # cd qmhandle-1.3.0
You will notice a “qmHandle” file inside the directory using which you can manage the Qmail mail queue.
1. To check the number of emails in the queue
# ./qmHandle -s
2. Force Qmail to process the mail queue
# ./qmHandle -a
3. List emails with all the details like, Subject, From and To address
# ./qmHandle -l
4. List emails sorted by Subject, From address etc
# ./qmHandle -l | grep Subject | sort # ./qmHandle -l | grep From | sort
5. Delete all emails having a specific subject, for example ‘test’
# ./qmHandle -Stest
6. Delete all messages
# ./qmHandle -D
Note: The 1.3 version of Qmhandle have problems deleting emails, in such a case download an older version i.e. qmhandle-1.2.3 to delete the emails.